Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound, due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping. The sound may be soft or loud and unpleasant. Snoring is known to cause sleep deprivation to both the snorer and those who hear him/her, as well as knock-on effects: daytime drowsiness, irritability, lack of focus, decreased libido. It has also been suggested that it can cause significant psychological and social damage to sufferers.
Sleep apnoea is a condition that interrupts your breathing when you are asleep. This is usually caused by an obstruction blocking the back of the throat so that the air cannot reach your lungs. The cessation of breathing automatically forces you to wake up in order to start breathing again. This can happen many times during the night, making it hard for your body to get enough oxygen, and preventing you from obtaining enough good quality sleep.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Fastest Way to Fall Asleep

How fast can you asleep? 15 minutes? 30 minutes? It is amazing how something as natural as sleep can seem so difficult. In fact, you can use one of the millions of people reporting difficulty in falling asleep. I wish I had the ultimate solution to fast asleep. But I do not. What I do have is a solution that for me. In fact, it works unbelievably well. But it may not work for you. If you're still interested, I want my secret out.

A few years, I had extreme difficulty falling asleep. I would sometimes spend two or three hours with only a bed, before the wave of sleep set in. I could not stop my brain from thinking. I would just sit there in agony, look at the clock every few minutes, and worrying about how I would wake up in just a few hours.

It 's a pretty painful experience, and it is even worse if they will not disappear. I never wanted to call me a "Insomniac" - never had the feeling that right. But I could not sleep!

I felt like I tried everything from aromatherapy to hot baths to warm milk. And yes, I even tried "counting sheep". Sometimes one of these solutions worked, and I would be happy just to find out the next night it would not work a second time I was desperate.

Well, yes, I've finally found something that worked. But I want to be clear - it has for me, and I have no proof of how well it works for everyone else. You must find your own solution, but I hope my little "history" can guide at least some people on that blissful sleep we all crave.

Since I tried to stay away from synthetic drugs such as Ambien and Lunesta, I needed a natural remedies . What I found was a natural Herb called Valerian. It is a plant that has been used for centuries as a natural sedative that helps slow the mind and the promotion of peaceful relaxation. The American Sleep Disorder Association has shown that it is useful not only for insomnia, but anxiety and stress as well.

So now I use natural sleep aid, valerian extract and boy does it work well. It makes me fast asleep and waking up the next morning with a jolt of energy. My belief is simple: use of natural sleep aids to get natural sleep, sleep synthetic drugs are artificial sleep.

So you are in search of valerian. It has worked well for me.

 

Sick of being tired?

If your sleep problems are destroying your life, visit the insomnia sleep aid website to find a real way to get your sleep (and your life) back on track.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joshua_Ferriss

0 comments: